What Paperwork Should I Bring With Me?

It's always better to bring too much rather than not enough. If you
are in doubt, include the paperwork to be discussed. Although it
is impossible to list everything you might need, here is a
checklist to help you with the more common items.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call anytime.

1. All paperwork received from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) since
the last time you filed a tax return. This includes your Notice
of Assessment for the prior taxation year and
any statements of accounts, requests etc. A copy of
your last return filed is also
helpful if it was prepared elsewhere.

2. All income information slips from employers.
This includes T4 and T4A slips etc.

3. All income information slips from other sources.
-T5, T4A(P), T4A(OAS), T4(RSP) T5007, T5008, T5013, T4(E), UCCB (RC62) etc.

4. All info regarding RRSP contributions,withdrawals and
repayments under the Home Buyer's Plan, Lifelong Learning
Plan etc.

5. All receipts for charitable donations, medical expenses,
tuition fees, union dues, childcare, public transit, children's
camp and fitness fees, rent or property taxes, interest paid
on student loans, tax installments paid during the year.

6. If you have a spouse or common-law partner, it is always
best to prepare both returns together. Bring your spouse's info
with you. If he or she is filing that return elsewhere, bring
a copy of the tax return if you can. You will need your
spouse's Name, Social Insurance #, Date of Birth and Net
Income (from Line 236 of his/her tax return) at the very least.

7. If you have dependant children you must give their name,
Social Insurance #, Date of Birth and Net Income (from Line
236 of their return-even if they're not filing).

8. For businesses, rentals etc. a statement of income and
expenses is needed. First Choice Accounting can also help
you with that if you bring your receipts etc.

9. Bring a list of questions to ask. The only stupid question
is the one that gets left unasked. First Choice Accounting will
check any return for accuracy regardless of where it was prepared.
Please feel free to bring in your return for a second opinion
before filing it with the Canada Revenue Agency. For a small
fee, First Choice Accounting will file the return electronically
for you.

10. For electronic filing, your identification
is required.Please bring valid id..

11. For direct deposit of your refund or credits,
bring a “void” cheque or your banking information.




               © 2011 First Choice Accounting.All Rights Reserved.